HPC Cloud interface
MetaCloud is a computing (HPC) cloud built using OpenNebula. Pilot cloud installation was prepared by MetaCentrum (CESNET) and CERIT-SC. MetaCloud is similar to e.g. Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) or Google Compute Engine. MetaCloud is partially compatible with Amazon EC2.
Enjoy advantages of MetaCloud:
- Scalability - create virtual machines fully matching your needs.
- Accessibility - use the user-friendly Open Nebula web interface to manage your virtual machines.
- Flexibility - enjoy freedom in virtual machine management. Your virtual machine is fully in your hands. Install what you want and when you want, but always mind: with great power comes great responsibility.
- Quick deployment - deploy your virtual machine in couple of seconds.
- Storage on demand - store your data in your virtual machine (shared storage, Amazon S3 API, GridFTP) .
- Free for academic use - any member of any academic institution in the Czech Republic gets an access to MetaCloud.
MetaCloud interface allows you to obtain and configure virtual machines from various images (yours or MetaCentrum's), including images compatible with Amazon EC2. Moreover, MetaCloud offers ready-to-use templates and images with standard Linux OS. OS Microsoft Windows has limited use due to license conditions.
- Get an MetaCentrum account.
- Apply for a membership in MetaCloud.
- Manage your Virtual machine in web interface.
- Ask us on email@example.com All the correspondence received in that e-mail addresses is recorded in RT (Request Tracker – request tracker) system, which creates a ticket and assigns an Id number to it.
MetaCloud hardware resources:
More resources will be provided on demand.
More information and documentation can be found at wiki.